Thursday, May 31, 2007

My life at the beginning...Chapter VIII: Karma is a harsh mistress!

To fight and conquer in all of your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting

In order to prove to my worth, I must first show why life would me would be significantly better then with the other guy...first things first, I need to scout the enemy, record any weaknesses and look for weak spots...If I could only figure out how to find out his name without arrising suspicion...

Although I was vaguely familiar with her inner social circle of female hotness, that option was a not a good choice...although they were hot, intelligent and, most likely, genuinely good people, they weren't the nicest to young, single, impressionable guys...I guess that because they were hot, they must have been hit on by a lot of pathetic guys and so they naturally developed a force field of bitchiness...plus, I had apparently used up my one question when I spoke with Young, so I was out of choices...I had to go and approach the guys in the group; the bag holders and openers of doors...if you could have seen these guys, you would have laughed...they were either the stereotypical Greek/Italian, Camero driving, Marlboro smoking douchebag or the slick-back haired, pigeon-toed walking, Du Maurier smoking Chinese douchebag...in either case, they were useless, funny looking, possesors of huge chips on their soldiers and constantly think they were cooler then anyone else...talking with them was going to be difficult because compared to them, I was the exact opposite...although I wasn't as pretty as they were, I was certain my pinky was smarter then their entire group intellect, so I had to use my brain on this one...how do you get what you want from morons?...treat them like dogs and go Pavlov on them...I started off small, introducing myself and bringing a tasty little treat (usually a couple of smokes or some candy) to get over the whole "I don't know" phase...after I earned their confidence, I slowly weaned them off the treats, but their response to me remained the same...after a while, they began acknowledging me when I would walk past, or when they needed help in class, they would ask me...things were starting to fall into place, all I had to do was ask the right questions, and I'd be ready for battle...

After a few weeks, I had gathered my intel...I knew the guys name, where he lived, where he went to school and more importantly, how to kill him...ok, maybe not the last part, but that kind of info would have been helpful...I remember the day I found out his name, I said to myself "oh crap...this is why Karma is a harsh mistress!"...back when I was in Grade 2, I was often picked on in school for my round, fuzzy appearance...I was short, had a mini-chinafro, chubby as an overweight cat and just as fuzzy...although I was cute in picture form, to other kids, I was the perfect target for daily ridiculing and randam moments of violence...thankfully, I could defend myself and so I quickly made any attacker sorry and wonder why they ever decided to drop gloves with me...there was one day when I was playing on the steps of portable when three guys came over to me and started to bother me...they were in the later grades, and thought that they were hot shit....they began with simple enough name calling, and when I tried to leave, they blocked my way and began to push me...thats when I went baby Hercules on them and started throwing punches...being a lot shorter then them, all I was doing was punching up, but I remember hearing a crunch sound followed by a "oh my god, you broke my nose!"...I didn't break his nose, I just made it bleed, but since he was a bully, he had no real guts and he quickly left me alone...fast forward ten years or so, and we find ourselves about to find out the name to the mystery man...I couldn't believe it...there must be a mistake...there is no way they man she is dating, the man she has gone away with is the same man who was a faceless coward; a man with no honor...no mistake, ladies and gentlemen, our lady has fallen in love with the enemy...that sucks!

After finding out this devastating bit of information, I decided that maybe I should concentrate on school for the time being, seeing as it was close to year's end and I was still trying to apply for University...I was in a rut, my mind was constantly going over all the details, wondering if I had lost a once in a lifetime opportunity and how I could have done things differently...I needed to keep myself busy, and I even agreed to help choreograph the Martial Arts demonstration at the World Tour event being held at the end of the school year...another big reason why I agreed to do it was because one of the producers was one of the two people I actually considered friends, and so it was a favor to her...so I did it and I have to admit, it was a lot of fun...sure, one of the highlights of the show was watching my goddess and her posse of hot angels prancing around in Chinese and Korean traditional garb...ok, for the sake of culture and honor, I will pay attention...

My fourth year had come to a close, and with the exception of finding out that little bit of bad news, it wasn't too bad...I finally felt that things had turned around and that entering my final year of study would prove to be my best year yet...

No comments: